How to setup linksys router without cd?
Date : Fri 14, 2018
Views : 137
Comments : 0
Category : Router
Internet is the most basic demand our current generation. It has been an important part of our day to day life. We need internet in almost all fields of our life be it working in the office or chatting with the friends. There can be a number of ways in which one can connect to internet but the best way to get connected is using a router.
Routers are devices which help in guiding or trafficking the internet signals. Generally we get to see home and office routers that connect us to internet by forwarding the IP(internet protocol). We can use it in both ways either by directly connecting it to the computer or by using wireless network card. There are a number of manufacturers of routers currently in the market but Linksys is the primary producer of the routers which is used by a number of internet suppliers like Time Warner and Comcast (one of the best internet service providers in US). Generally we use CD while doing the setup of Linksys but by following the given steps you can also do it even without using the CDs :
CHECK YOUR CONNECTIONS : You need to properly connect the broadband modem, router and the system properly using the ethernet cable. There are 4 LAN ports that are used for connecting the computer and one port that is used for the modem. If you use the wrong port for connecting the modem and the computer then you will not be able to open the Linksys router setup page.
OPEN THE ROUTER SETUP PAGE: After you open the router setup page you need to follow the steps given below:
- After checking DHCP(Dynamic host configuration protocol) IP address you need to open the command prompt.
- Then type ipconfig and enter
- From the list of given IP addresses choose Local area connection and using this number you can open router web interface
Alter the settings of router: The next thing you need to do is change the setting of the router. Here you will have to enter Linksys username and password and both are admin, in case if the password isn’t accepted you can reset the device to factory default.
Connection settings of Internet: You will have to change the settings of your connection according to your service provider.
- In case of cable broadband you will have to copy the MAC address of your main computer with concern that your DHCP server is enabled.
- In case of DSl you need to change the IP address.
Go online: Now just go online on your system. If you get the internet access then it means the that connections are proper else you need to recheck everything.
Get connected to the network: Now get connected to the wireless network by :
- Connect to SSID(Service set identity) by entering your ID and password.
- Try to access the internet on your device.
- You can also change the channel settings in case you face any problem regarding speed or access of internet.