How to update firmware of Arris router?
Date : Oct 26, 2018
Views : 51
Comments : 0
Category : Router
Arris has come up with numerous wireless routers and modems, which a user can utilize with their respective internet service provider. Some users use their personal Arris router. On the other hand, there are some who acquire rented router from service providers. In any case, the steps to be followed to know how to update firmware of Arris router are the same. So, here are the steps that you must follow for updating the firmware.
How To Upgrade Firmware On Arris Router?
These are the steps that you should bring into action for upgrading firmware on the Arris router.
- Prior to moving forward, you must identify the firmware version that you are currently using on the Arris router. For fulfilling this purpose, you must type 192.168.0.1 in the URL section and then log into your Arris router.
- In the next step you must determine the firmware version of the Arris router.
- After that, move towards the download section and download the most recent version of firmware.
- It is important for you to note that the firmware should be compatible with the Arris model you use.
- Return to the web interface and go to the admin page. There you can understand how to update firmware of Arris router. Now, locate the edit option, which authorizes you to select the image you wish to upgrade.
- Once you follow these steps accurately to know how to update firmware on xfinity Arris router wait for the process to get completed.
- After that, the rebooting of the Arris router will take place and then you have to log into the router again. Then, you have to give confirmation for the changes made in the version number.
All the above-mentioned steps are a perfect guide for you to understand how to upgrade firmware on Arris router.
Alternate method to know how to update firmware on xfinity Arris router
- Open the internet browser installed on your system and visit the main website of Arris router.
- Go to home page and select the option of ‘More’. Then, you will be guided to a separate window. Here, you will explore various options that support different kinds of router.
- Then, click on the option of ‘Driver and Firmware Update’. Then, select routers. You will observe a list of models displayed on the screen. Now, click on your device’s model number.
- Then, select the most upgraded version of Firmware from the multiple firmwares enlisted before you. Then, download and install it.
- Now, to know how to updade firmware on Arris router, reboot the computer system as well as the router. Finally, the firmware will get upgraded successfully.
So, these were the two different procedures that a user can follow to understand how to upgrade firmware on Arris router. We hope these methods of how to update firmware on xfinity Arris router turn out to be beneficial for you.