How To Configure And Install Netgear Router in 5 minutes?
Date : Nov 29, 2018
Comments : 0
Category : Netgear Support
If you are one of the people who does not have a computer system for installation of Netgear wireless router, then there is nothing to worry about. As you have several other options for wireless connectivity such as Tablet, Smartphone, and laptop.
All you have to do is to link your device to your Netgear router and then fix Netgear router for internet connection. Mentioned below are some of the methods that will help you to know how to install Netgear router by making use of a wireless device.
Setup Netgear Router by Using This Method:
- Link the Ethernet cable by using the modem cable or DSL to your Netgear router’s internet port.
- Now, start your cable modem or DSL, then wait for sometime and let the lights get solid.
- After that, power on your Netgear router and wait till the LED lights get stable.
- Now, go to the wireless settings of your router. It is mentioned at the bottom area or back of the device.
- Turn on the wireless connection manager of your Wi-Fi device. Now, locate the network name or SSID of your Netgear router.
- In the next step to configure Netgear router, link to the wireless network name and enter the password key.
- Launch a web browser such as Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
- If the Genie of Netgear does not appear, then go to the URL section of the web browser and type http://www.routerlogin.net in the address bar.
- Now, you will be redirected to the login page where you will have to enter the username and password.
- Now, configure Netgear router by following the Genie.
If you wish to know how to setup Netgear router for broadband network connection. This method to fix Netgear router is only applicable if you configure network connection by using Netgear router that makes use of Smart Wizard interface.
Below Mentioned are the Steps That you have to Follow for Configuration of Broadband Connection with Smart Wizard.
- Link your Netgear router’s internet port to the modem. Plus, connect the modem with your computer system by placing it in the LAN ports located at the back.
- Now, turn off your cable modem, router, and computer. Wait for the booting process to get completed.
- After that, launch an internet browser and enter http://192.168.1.1/ in the URL section. Now, click on the search icon.
- Now, you will be redirected to a page where you will have to enter the login credentials for logging into your router.
- One thing that you need to keep in mind is that the password and username are case sensitive. Now, enter the login credentials.
- After that, go to the setup wizard displayed on the screen
- Now, go to Yes by clicking on Next.
- Then, the Wizard is going to detect the connection type.
- In the next step to configure Netgear router hit “Next”. The changes will automatically get saved in the router settings.
- Now, check whether you are linked to the internet by selecting router status that is given below maintenance.
By completing the above-mentioned process you will be able to install Netgear router without any problem.