How to Hard Reset a Buffalo Router?
Date : Nov 13, 2018
Comments : 0
Category : Buffalo Support
A change has been introduced by buffalo for both home as well as corporate users. This router is particularly used for internet-based configuration interface. This includes changing router settings such as modifying the IP address of the router or bringing changes in the login details. If you are looking forward to knowing how to hard reset a buffalo router, then read the article below.
If you cannot remember your Buffalo router password, then this can be very troublesome for you and you will not be able to use it. When you understand how to reset your Buffalo router, then it is very similar to installing it once again.
How to hard reset a Buffalo router?
- The first thing that you need to do is to press and hold your button of reset for 35 seconds. The button is placed on the back side of the router.
- Keep on holding the button and at the same time turn off your Buffalo router.
- Turn it on back again after a few seconds
- Keep on pressing the button of reset for the next 35 seconds.
- In order to reinitialize the router. Leave the button of reset and then wait for some time to start a fresh process.
Alternative method to know how to hard reset a Buffalo router
So, here is another method through which you can factory reset your buffalo router by using button.
- To know how to reset a Buffalo router turn on your buffalo router and take a pin or paper clip. Insert it in a hole that is placed on the router’s back.
- Grasp the pin or paper clip for at least 15 seconds and then release it.
- After that, the router will restart automatically. When the local area network light stops working, then the reset process will get completed.
- Also, there is one thing that you need to keep in mind and that is resetting the router does not mean resetting the firmware to a previous version. This will automatically bring it back to the default settings.
Learn how to reset a Buffalo router through admin control panel
It is necessary for you to be aware of the internal IP address before you log into your router. The router has an internet-based interface for configuring. Other than that, you can make use of an internet browser to log into the router. Link your router to the computer system by using a cat 6 or Cat 5 wire. Now, enter the credentials for login.
After you know how to hard reset the buffalo router, then these are some of the things that you need to change.
- Username and password of the router
- Username and password of your wireless network
- DNS and internet service provider IP address
- Changes in the firewall settings
- Changes made because of the port forwards
- Modifications in the settings or configuration
So, above-stated is the process that you must follow in order to know how to reset a Buffalo router. We hope that the above-mentioned processes work out well for you. Now, you know how to hard reset a buffalo router and an alternate method for that.