Why Is My Roku Not Connecting?
Date : Nov 6, 2018
Views : 379
Comments : 0
Category : Router
Before you can know how do I manually connect Roku, you must know what Roku is? Roku is a company that enables you to do streaming on TV. Roku streaming players are very cost effective and convenient. All you have to do is turn on your TV and get it linked with the internet. After that, Setup your Roku account and begin with streaming your favorite TV shows.
So, when we connect a Roku, we get all excited to begin with the process. When we enter the username and password, the Roku recognizes the wireless network and gets connected to the local network. Nonetheless, when a person makes an effort to link it to the internet, the procedure generally fails. There are cases where the router refuses to get connected with Roku. Rather than moving forward with the troubleshooting, the best thing that you can do is to look for other ways to know how to fix a Roku that won't connect to the Internet.
How to resolve the issue of why is my Roku remote not connecting?
- First of all, log into your router. For this, you will be required to enter the IP address such as 192.168.1.100. In order to enter this address, you will have to open up your web browser in a manner similar to opening up of a website.
- To know How do I manually connect Roku make sure that you enter the details directly into the navigation bar of the web browser. Then, you will move forward to the login screen of the router. It is advisable for you to change the password. If you do not have the password, then you must get in touch with the service provider. After you are done with the login process, go to the DNS settings. Sometimes, Roku not connecting to TV problem arises because of using internal IP address rather than an external one.
- Now, change the DNS settings from internal to public. You can also use public DNS of Google.
- After that, save these settings.
- Setup Roku once again. If the problem of why is my Roku remote not connecting still continues to happen, then you can try out disconnecting the router.
- After a few minutes, connect it back again. Then, try linking Roku. If things don’t work again, then try bouncing Roku. Unplug it again for 20 seconds. After that, reconnect. This will definitely work out for you. Which is why, it is one of the most effective methods to make hardware work.
- Now properly arrange the DNS setup. Then, your how to fix a Roku that won't connect to the internet problem will get solved.
- After that, the setup process will get completed.
So, this is the process that you are required to bring into action if you wish to solve the problem of why is my Roku remote not connecting. Roku is one of the best technology products that enables an individual to watch movies and TV shows on the television screen by connecting it to Wi-Fi. So, if you have any problems with the technology, you must know how to solve them. We hope that our solution of Roku not connecting to TV works out for you.